We would like you to give your views in two ways – first by using the online questionnaire then by answering the questions on this form and returning it to school. Completing both questionnaires gives us information we can use to improve what our school offers your children/young people and you. We do value your thoughts and thank you, in advance, for help with this questionnaire.
Complete the following questionnaire online by registering with your email address and a password at
https://parentview.ofsted.gov.uk Once your login has been activated it only takes a few minutes to complete the answers to the 14 questions below. We have given examples of what we do to help you to be able to give an informed answer. If you do not have a computer or an email address or if you would like help to use Parent View, please come in to school and ask at the school office.
The 14 questions on Parent View that you need to complete on line are as follows. There are some differences to the ones given in previous years:
1. My child is happy at this school
2. My child feels safe at this school
3. The school makes sure its pupils are well behaved. (e.g. rewards children get for good behaviour – team points, stickers, Success Cards as well as use of Warning System, loss of Privilege Time, phone call home for inappropriate behaviour)
4. My child has been bullied and the school dealt with the bullying quickly and effectively. (swift action by school, good communication with parents, raising children’s awareness)
5. The school makes me aware of what my child will learn during the year. (Through Parents/ Teacher meetings, information in the Home School diaries, EHCP Review meetings and in the newsletter)
6. When I have raised concerns with the school they have been dealt with properly.
7. Does your child have special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND)? (yes or no)
If yes, the survey asks parents how strongly they agree with this statement: ‘My child has SEND, and the school gives them the support they need to succeed.’
8. The school has high expectations for my child. (Children have appropriate challenge in classes which they are encouraged to meet.)
9. My child does well at this school.
10. The school lets me know how my child is doing.
11. There is a good range of subjects available to my child at this school. (children cover a wide range of subjects in school)
12. My child can take part in clubs and activities at this school.
13. The school supports my child’s wider personal development. (e.g. OPAL, educational community visits, opportunity to go to access The Wanders Sporting Events, Dance Festival, opportunities to participate in the joint Special School Student Council, residential in Key Stage 4 and Sixth Form)
14. I would recommend this school to another parent. (yes or no)
Once you have completed the Parent View questionnaire, then please download the form below and complete the questions, then return it to school by Monday 16th March.