Schools with Primary aged pupils receive the PE and Sport Premium. Schools must spend the funding to improve the quality of the PE and Sport activities they offer their pupils but they are free to choose the best way of using the money.
Here at Beacon Hill we receive this additional funding and have employed a specialist PE teacher and schools sport co ordinator with over 36 years experience in special schools to support our PE and Sport.
* To advise and support in the planning, delivery and assessment of Physical Education.
* To provide information and links to staff training opportunities in PE and specialist activities.
* To support the provision of additional sports activities which increase pupils participation in a wide range of sporting activities.
* Work closely with regional disability sports organisations and other sport providers to support our pupils to experience a variety of competitive sports events.
This report(click here) details the impact that the PE and Sports funding has had in school.
Sporting Partners 2016/2017
Many additional sports activities are provided by external organisations. Here at Beaconhill we have developed strong links to ensure pupils have access to additional coaching and opportunities to experience a range of activities, for example;
– Newcastle Eagles Basketball
– Newcastle United Football Foundation
– Regional and North Tyneside School Games Organisation
– Tyne and Wear Disability Sport Forum Group
– North Tyneside Sports Development
– Sky Sports
– Boccia GB
– Killingworth Archers
– EFDS English Federation of Disability Sport
– Quest 88 adapted cycles